Friday, May 23, 2008

q2. Week 8

More BodyPump -plus two cardio workouts thrown in for good measure. I weighed in at the exact same weight as last week. I kept a rough food log which showed that I'm not as hard core as I'd like to think I am when it comes to my (modest) food goals. Not horrible, shocking stuff but just...inconsistent.

I dunno...sure the body changes with age and such but I think there's something about the way I'm eating now that doesn't reflect my usual relationship to food. "Food As Entertainment" or "Food As Stress Relief" are storylines that pop up when I'm crunched. I think it'd be fair to say that grad school has been one long crunch :-)

I could just wait it out...history suggests that weight balances out when life balances out but being overweight is getting old (and so am I). So...week 8 will feature a little experiment called "I wonder what'll happen if...I eat whatever I want -but only when I'm hungry?"

Stay tuned.

--Update--

Okay, it's several days and several high fat/sugar/calorie desserts later. I clearly need to go with minimizing the damage of "boredom" or "stress" eating instead of trying to go cold turkey!

No comments: