Friday, May 2, 2008

q2. Week 5

I stuck with the workout plan. I ate a lot of crap (like a whole container of chocolate covered toffee). I had moderate success sticking to the 7p cutoff time (which probably saved me from consuming a ridiculous amount of calories on a few nights). I weighed in slightly higher than last week - so I took off my shoes and weighed again ;-)

I think the data suggest that I could probably maintain - but not lose- without a more aggressive food plan. Since I'd like to lose, I'm gonna add another element this week (I'm going "one at a time" until I find the lifestyle that works). I randomly heard a colleague mention that she always eats salads for lunch and it seemed like a practical and sustainable way to up the veggies and cut the calories. I also chose this strategy because it lends itself to eating in or out. If eating out, I'll pay attention to the dressing etc.

So...the plan this week...keep exercising, eat all meals and snacks before 7pm, and make or buy a salad for lunch or dinner. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

djw said...

I like the salad plan. It's simple. With no thought. Of course, don't do like me and start adding things on the side of the salad!

Ginger said...

LOL. I'll try to keep it simple. My fridge is usually a burial ground for produce - especially salad greens- so this should be an interesting week.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I always pull the shoes-off thing, too!