Thursday, November 8, 2007

Scary: When The Panic Fades

So I woke up and had a double chin about 3 weeks ago... WITHOUT bending my neck. I was like where did this come from? Then I thought back and realized it came from the many months that I have been spending not doing anything proactive about weight loss - they were all catching up to me starting with my chin. So I got in to a frenzy, stole my husbands IPOD and jumped on the treadmill - 3 x per week for an hour each time... not bad huh? Then I joined Jenny Craig with encouragement from Sporty and LOST 10 lbs... So happpy to see my chin recede... But here is the thing. I can't afford Jenny Craig - it is like $400 per month and if I could I really would - the food is good and it works - but for now that is not an option... So what has happened? I am again on no particular plan and soon my chin will grow. By the end of next week I will committ to join WW on line and begin to count my points. I will also start exercising again at least 3 times per week. We are out of town for a funeral this weekend - Tuesday so I will officially start the Sunday after that. Feel free to check up on me :-).

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm so proud of you -particularly with the exercise. Lucky for you it's free + accessible so you can keep working that angle...

On the food front, you can get real clear (in advance) on why counting points is worth it to you. That way you'll have something specific to tell yourself before you make each choice. Changing the internal dialogue around food sets you up to make decisions that support your goals. You might even turn it into a mantra :-)

Also, this isn't about going hard core + then burning out. Instead you're making a commitment to stay engaged...to act consciously...to celebrate the victories and work through the challenges. Your habits can and will change -one choice at a time.

Ginger said...

On a lighter note, my chin is a little "loose" as well. In addition to weight loss, I'm trying a new product that I'll be sure to blog about soon :-)

djw said...

Not sure if it's because, I've not been visiting the blog as much lately, or it's because you haven't been around either...but I logged on and started reading this entry and for a second was confused as to who Scary was! LOL Thought we had a new member I didn't know about!! LOL.... Anyway...

Congrats on the 10lbs! 10lbs can make a difference in how clothes fit. Yayyyy!

And of course, Ginger is right...do what you can to keep health at the forefront of thought... you'll have ups and downs, but that's part of the journey!

Hope to see you back here soon!