Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ginger: When the Panic Fades [Dissertation Edition]

So, my advisor recently told me to "pick up the pace" and not let myself get bogged down in any one chapter.

That kind of advice is usually good for at least three days of panic (productive) followed by constant low-grade anxiety (not productive). I thought I'd follow my own advice to Scary.

When the panic fades, I will remind myself that God brought me here. That truth is my antidote for "overwhelming and scary" and my motivation to make good choices!

2 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Great perspective!! God has your back and I know you can do the work.

djw said...

Just take it one day at a time...Ask yourself "What can I do today?" and God will pull it all together for you-- He always comes through!