Monday, February 26, 2007

Ginger: New Day, New Deal


I use this phrase a lot. It assures me that every day is a chance to start fresh.

"I'll have the Filet-O-Fish. Extra tartar sauce. No, no drink. Um...actually, can I have a shake? I'd like half vanilla, half chocolate. Ketchup? Yes. And do you have honey mustard?"

New Day, New Deal. I'll cook at home instead of eating out so much.

"I'd like a small Blizzard. Yes. Pecan Cluster -and can you add cookie dough?"

New Day, New Deal. I'll only eat desserts on the weekends.


"Hi. Oh, you're working out today? Um...maybe I'll come. I'm not sure. We'll see. Let me call you back."

New Day, New Deal. I'm going to do the Body for Life workout plan.

The problem is that "the deal" keeps changing. I've cycled through a million and one different interventions. Some (vegan diet) have lasted longer than others (drinking half my body weight in water every day). Inevitably, they're all temporary. The deals are lies.

So...I'm not going to lie about anything today. But I will keep blogging. Maybe I'll even come up with a better mantra.

3 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Hey Ginger - Here are some mantras/slogans/positive thoughts, etc.
1. Weight loss is a journey of gains and lossess
2. Habits in training
3. It's not a diet it's a lifestyle
4. The success is in doing
5. Focus on an 85% success rate - to hell with the other 15

Ginger said...

Thanks! I like these...especially number two.

djw said...

Every time I log on, I think about how good that sandwich looks....