Monday, February 26, 2007

Sporty: the fat gods are EVIL



Today the fat gods were against me. You see, I've been in an off and on relationship with Weight Watchers(WW) for the last seven years. I can truly say that we've had our ups and downs! Anyways, I decided to give the relationship one last try and so far we've been doing ok. WW encourages you to "Move More" during week 3 and they provide a 4 staged plan to help you move from the couch to the gym:
Stage 1: Start Out
Stage 2: Build Up
Stage 3: Ramp Up
Stage 4: Keep Going

I'm in Stage 1 and I'm trying to earn 3 activity points this week which means that I need to exercise 3x for about 20 mins. I had no interest in working out today but decided to use some willpower and go to the gym after work. Left work at 6:00 and drove directly to Bally's gym . Got there at 6:25 and circled the parking lot several times before I finally found a spot....in Lebanon. Got to earn 3 pts... so I told myself that the long cold walk was my exercise warm up. Changed into my gym clothes and decided that they must have shrunk in the wash because my pants aren't supposed to be capris? Got to earn 3 pts... realized the i forgot my gym socks and would have to wear my black trouser socks with my white and blue sneakers, my tight gray lycra "capris" and my too short "bottom belly showing" pink t-shirt. But I've got to earn 3 pts...so I strap on my polar heart rate monitor,ipod shuffle and fill my water bottle.

What the @#$%$ is every cardio machine taken? I ask the guy next to me if he's waiting for a machine he says yes. I notice that there are several other people waiting - great! I see what might be an empty machine and I discreetly sneak over to it but discover that it is Out of Order - super! I go to the aerobics area to find that the last class (Advanced Step) started 30 mins ago and you can't join after 10 mins. With barely any motivation left I decide to walk over to the weight training area and I see that every "i think I look hot in a wife beater guy" is hogging the machines!!! The only place left to look is the back room where "the people who walk around with 1 gallon jugs for water bottles" work out. I tell myself that the it was a good effort and if I go to the supermarket now and buy water for the week I'll still be doing something to stay on track.

I quickly put on a my black leather coat with my black trouser socks, white and blue sneakers, tight gray lycra "capris", my too short "bottom belly showing" pink t-shirt and make my way back to "Lebanon" to my car. At Safeway supermarket, I grab a cart and head straight to the water aisle. Once there I grab a 2 gallon bottle and put it in my cart. As I'm reaching for another I look down to find a huge puddle of water on the floor and water spurting everywhere from the water bottle in my cart. AHHHHHHHH!! Damn those evil fat gods!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

OK, I confess, the deleted comment was from me. I wanted to say..."New day, New deal!"

djw said...

Just turn that evil right around and live!!! lol... he he he...I know, the fat gods are hideous!