Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hanging In There- Part 2

I remember reading a commentary on the story about Jesus visiting the temple at the age of 12. How His mother “lost” him and spent 3 days looking for Him before she found Him. The author was pointing out how this story parallels our spiritual experiences. She said that our drift away from Christ can be so casual that we don’t even notice…caught up in the hub -bub of our day or of our lives we “lose” Christ and then suddenly we wonder what happened. She pointed out that often times it takes longer to re-find him than it does to lose him. And sometimes it’s more difficult, that road back to God. I’ve found that to be true in my life. I’ll be on a nice routine, devotions in the morning or before bed, nice focus on spiritual things, enjoyable prayer time…a busy day comes along and I think I’ll be ok to skip it this once…before I know it I’m looking back over time wondering how I skipped so many before realizing I was skipping most? And then getting back in the routine always seems like swimming against the current.

Found this concept true for my weight-loss experience. The road back always seems harder and longer and I wonder how I ever stopped…

2 comments:

djw said...

Having difficulty accessing google documents. Putting my food log here for right now:

1 pack dixie crackers with peanutbutter
small cup of orange juice
2 veggie burgers on burger buns with lettuce and tomatoes
1 can passion/orange/carrot juice
1 can pina colada
2 slices of toast and sauteeed cabbage

2 slices toast with bodi
rum and raisin ice-cream
pack of cheese sticks
serving of corn rice
half serving mac and cheese
pumpkin
garbonzos
handful of grapes

toast with bodi
serving and a half of corn rice
half serving mac and cheese
pumpkin
garbonzos
1/2 bag of cheese balls
1/2 serving french fries

3 doubles
1/2 serving pasta and salad
a few plantain chips
2 orchards
1/2 bag cheese balls
serving mac and cheese,
serving corn
chicken slices

serving pasta with salad and avacado
toast and avacado
one chubby
toast, sauteed cabbage and avacado
bag of cheese curls
3 kumar

PB - AFineBalance said...

As Donnie says - We Fall Down BUT We get UP!

I see you getting up girl!

Let's do onderland together. Ok?!