Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sporty: Motivation

Jim Eason:
If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people.

Vince Lombardi:
It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.

Benjamin Franklin:
You may delay, but time will not.

Samuel Johnson:
The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.
Marvin Phillips:
The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
Carl Sandburg:
The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
-----
Ellen Degeneres:
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
Author unknown:
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
Mark Twain:
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.
Unknown Author:
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.
Winston Churchill:
Never, never, never, never give up.
Horace:
Rule your mind or it will rule you.
David Viscott:
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
Eleanor Roosevelt:
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Ralph Marston:
Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
George S. Patton:
You're never beaten until you admit it.
Lee Iacocca:
You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perserverance.
Unknown Author:
You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Jim Rohn:
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
Thomas Fuller:
That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember.
Plato:
The first and the best victory is to conquer self.
Vincent Lombardi:
The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Ha ha. Thanks. I like this list. The Winston Churchill quote is in my office -also works for grad school :-) That last one jumped out at me too. SO true!

djw said...

Vincent Lombardi had some very deep insights...=) Gonna peruse the list some more and choose one for a mini-mantra.=)