Monday, October 29, 2007

Ginger: Exodus 15

For the last few weeks, I've been learning the prayer from Exodus 15. It's the victory song that Moses and Miriam sing after the Israelites cross the Red Sea.

One of the lines, "The Lord is a warrior" is my new mantra. It comes in handy at least once a day. It's so empowering to know that we serve a warrior God who does battle on our behalf.

Here's another section that I like a lot: "In your love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling." God doesn't leave us at the shore. He continues to lead...guide...until we're right where he wants us.

Reading these verses makes me want to crank up Fred Hammond's "Show Yourself Strong" at full volume. In fact, I think I'm gonna do just that!

---Update---
Done! I made it all the way through the prayer.

No comments: