Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ginger: Lucky Numbers

Do any of you know what your cholesterol level is? What about your blood glucose level? I (finally) scheduled my blood work for this Thursday. I'll be posting the results as soon as they come in. If you don't know your numbers, join me in finding out!

*Update*
The doctor reminded me to schedule a "Well Woman Annual Exam," endorsed my weight loss efforts, and said to check back in about 3 months. He was a little stumped by my "inexplicably low" triglyceride count which, in turn, [probably] made the calculated LDL look a little high. In general, here's how the numbers came out...
-------------------------
BMI
Me: 26.1 (Overweight)
Normal Range: 18.5-24.9

Blood Pressure
Me: 110 systolic + 70 diastolic
Normal Range: <120 systolic + <80 diastolic

Total Cholesterol
Me: 198
Normal Range:<200 mg/dL

Fasting Glucose
Me: 87
Normal Range: 70-100 mg/dL

4 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

This means you're ok right?

Ginger said...

Yeah, lose a few lbs basically...

djw said...

So, is this a recommended annual check in? Congrats on the basic good health! Lose those few lbs and you'll be good to go!!!

Ginger said...

Thanks! I think "how often" (for some tests) depends on what you find. It's good to have a regular doctor who knows your med history etc.