Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mimi: 21 Days

Hello and Happy New Year all!

Got back to CA from the East Coast this morning at 1AM. I got up and went to Weight Watchers at 10AM. Getting on the scale wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be. Perhaps because I didn't gain ALL of the 100lbs lost back (just MOST of them). I'm being pragmatic about it and am through beating myself up. I'm tempted to use Ginger's phrase, "New day, new deal."

So I heard on the television last week the fact that it takes 21 days to form a habit (I think someone here might have blogged about this earlier). My short-term goal is to count points and get on a steady exercise plan for 21 days. When I was coasting on WW and doing well, it was because I was in the HABIT of making good choices and exercising.

Here's to establishing healthy habits in the new year! I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

djw said...

Happy New Year Mimi!! Sounds like you're off to a good start for 2008. I like the perseverence you showed in getting back up in time for the 10AM WW meeting. Inspiring commitment! Looking forward to your posts!=)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Glad you're back Mimi. Sticking with what works ... I love it. 2008 IS going be a weight loss year.

Ginger said...

See you on Friday!!