Friday, January 11, 2008

Mimi: Sorry Ginger!

So Ginger and I were scheduled to go to BodyPump this morning. I flaked. Sorry, girl! I thought about lying and saying I forgot (since we made the commitment a bit ago). That's just wrong. There were a lot of things conspiring against me...fell asleep on the couch, woke up at 3AM, didn't get back to sleep until about 5AM. Woke up with headache when the alarm went off...and on and on and on...

What it comes down to is fear. I'm afraid of the class and I'm afraid of commitment. What's that about? Thoughts? comments?

Ginger, you still talking to me?

5 comments:

djw said...

Here are the two kinds of fear I've experienced when it comes to exercise and stuff:
1. That I'll start and stop. My stint won't last long.
2. I'll put in lots of effort then gain back all the pounds I lost.
3. Ever have a phone call to make but you don't want to? Or a project you should have started last month that you're dreading? That kind of fear.
4. The fear of inconvenience and leaving my comfortable space.

Ok. That's twice the numbers of fears that I thought I had! But here are my joys when it comes to exercise and stuff:

1. I love the oxygen/energy high after a good cardio work out. Feel like I can climb mountains if I tried (albeit small mountains).
2. The muscle definition that starts to sneak up when doing consistant weights.
3. The fresh, clarity of mind when I'm eating healthily.
4. The my-clothes-are-fitting-just-right-again-and-about-to-get-too -big feeling.
5. The pride of meeting my goals.
6. The feeling of control over a bit of life.
7. The declining scale!!

Girl, Let's conquer fear this week (or at least take a swipe)!

Ginger said...

Yes! We're still workout buddies so I'll be limping to the Y tomorrow AM and lookin' for your car :-)

Re: fear, I think (over)thinkers like us do well when we turn our minds off for a sec and power through. Kind of like switching into auto pilot mode...

Mimi said...

Posh, thanks for the encouraging words! Ginger, thanks for continuing to support. I tried not to think this morning. Good working out again!

Ginger said...

I was soooo glad to see you! I was unconsciously holding my breath right up until I saw the trusty Corolla parked in the corner spot.

I gotta say, as far as motivation goes...the flashes of taut, tan belly on the instructor didn't hurt either (grin).

Mimi said...

LOL!!