Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sporty: Exercise as a Form of Worship?

Today I had spirit-filled workout session with the trainer. Since the door was opened for spiritual discussions, it has taken our sessions to a different place. At one point I was getting tired and she do this as if you were doing it for Jesus. I thought about that and I did the last few reps like they were the first! To borrow the title from the book I'm reading - the mind is the battlefield! Today we did a lot of things that 6 weeks ago I couldn't do without significant pain i.e. jumping jacks, steps, hopping over a step bench for 15 reps, etc. My trainer said that it was a true testimony how far I had come from my hobbling days!

Anyways, near the end of the session the trainer said something that gave me a reason to pause. She said that since our body is the temple of God taking care of it is critical and that exercise can be a form of worship. Hmmm, like praise or prayer or bible study?

Exercise as a form of worship? What do you think? (see this site)

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I've been thinking about this...still thinking!

Ginger said...

p.s. How are your knees? What's the latest?

PB - AFineBalance said...

Knees are better. Going to to physical therapy.