Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spice: First week went well

Well the first week of the challenge went pretty well. Had a few hiccups with some of the food requirements but otherwise it was good.

I must say I'm liking this 5 days a week exercise program a lot better. For some reason it is less stressful. I unofficially was doing the exercise requirements for the last challenge and consequently I felt tired and my muscles ached quite often. In the process I think I strained a few things and I felt it took a while to recover. But now I think my muscles get a bit more rest and can keep up better.

My personal goal is to do 10 minutes of Taebo Ab Boot camp. When I made this decision I did not consider that I would have to do it6 days a week! (In light of above I find this funny.) So now my ab muscles are always aching. However if this is the sacrifice that needs to be made for a better toned abdomen so be it. Despite the aches it really is not that bad. I find the 10 minute slots are easy to finish. The DVD is 30 minutes long and thus I divide it into 3 mini workouts-beginning, middle and end. Each day I select one to do. By the time I'm ready to cry bloody murder its over. And if my aches are any indication I think its working.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Go you!

PB - AFineBalance said...

Glad you doing WOW!

djw said...

I know you think I'm imagining it, but it still looks to me like your ab work is trimming you down already! May even try to join in this week!

Ginger said...

Red has been cranking up about ab work recently. Sounds like you'd recommend the DVD. Maybe I'll buy it for him.