Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ginger: Sports Bra Woes

In ascending order of shopping-related frustration:

Jeans
Go to Gap. Go directly to Gap. Do not pass the "skinny" shelf or collect anything marked "ultra" low-rise.

Bra
Functional bras cost a small fortune but at least they're out there. Forget you Victoria's Secret. I get hopeful every time you launch a splashy new ad campaign or your sales associates reassure me that you're coming out with larger sizes. You always let me down. You leave me no choice but to frequent the pricey department store on the other side of the mall (and of course "Olga's" when I'm in Brooklyn. Seriously, there's nothing like on-site tailoring to take bra shopping up a notch).

Swimsuit
Right now I have no pressing need for a swimsuit. Come December I'll be in the fitting room tugging and pulling (and trying to pretend that I'm not grossed out by the "do not remove" sanitary sticker in the crotch).

(drumroll)

Sports Bra
WHAT GIVES? WHO MAKES GOOD SPORTS BRAS???

7 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

I hear ya! Try one size smaller and double bra. LOL

Ginger said...

The Posh maneuver. Ha ha ha.

djw said...

That's a very good question!

djw said...

Hadn't even seen the Posh maneuver comment...lol...but it does work!!!

PB - AFineBalance said...

Also I hear that Enell brand that Oprah recommends is good but pricey.http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/enwhenyouare.html

Also I found some $15 at Target to strap you down over your bra. Result - minimal bounce.

djw said...

10 Ten Sports Bras at About.com

http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseapparel/tp/sports_bras.htm

Ginger said...

Gracias. The quest continues...