Sunday, July 1, 2007

Ginger: Early Eating

I'm on a mission to actually reach my targets - one at a time. I started with the "stop eating by 8:00 pm" target because it's the simplest -though not easiest- one to implement. It also has a quick and visible payoff. I figure since I'm an "instant gratification" type, I might as well make it work for me.

Yesterday, after an extended nap and dinner, I jumped in the car...trying to get in a dessert before 8pm. It was pretty funny. As I drove around, and the time ticked away, I weighed the options:

Ice cream cone from McDonald's?
Not vegan, better skip it...

A svg. of Peanut Butter Palooka from Garden Fresh?
Mmmmm -but it'd take too long to get there...

A pint of Soy Delicious from Country Sun?
A pint of anything in the freezer = bad news...

I eventually settled on a cookie from Whole Foods since it could be eaten in the car within the five minutes I had left. Clearly...

I'm shooting for 5-7 days a week.

2 comments:

djw said...

I bet that cookie tasted pret-ty good, though.... ;-)

PB - AFineBalance said...

Sounds like a good strategy!