Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sporty: Week 21 (07/05/07)

Made it to the end of the WOW challenge - Yay! Despite ongoing diet struggles, thanks to WOW I had extra incentive to keep exercising. Right now I'm beginning to get the "hamster on a wheel" feeling. I've just been "spinning my wheels" as it relates to diet and have had little weight loss movement in the past 8 weeks. Started WOW at 220 ended WOW at 219.5. (Of course I lost and regained 5 lbs during this time.)
Positives - kept exercising, started to focus on mind training, I weigh .5lbs less.
Negatives - minimal weight loss, got "loose" with my diet



What now?
I just keep trying. As they say at WW you can't fail if you don't quit. So that's the plan - don't quit and remember that this journey is filled with peaks and valleys. I also acknowledge and accept what I've been reading-
Weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise and 100% mindset/attitude.

Goals for this week:
1. Follow WW points plan
2. Journal foods daily
3. Burn 2800 calories through exercise (cardio, strength, mind/body).

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I know the hamster feeling. Your exercise/diet combo is killer. I'm looking forward to seeing you max out on both fronts!

djw said...

I like your stick-to-it-ness! Good luck this week!