Thursday, August 9, 2007

Posh: Chiselling Away

I started off this post planning to say that I'm still chiselling away... a few pounds and inches falling here and there. Was gonna say that if I keep it up, we'll see what emerges...Was in search of a picture to go with the chiselling theme and I came across a series of pictures of a sculpter's tools. And it suddenly hit me that Michelangelo didn't create his David with just one tool. To get his block of marble to look like muscles (ever checked out the David's abs?) he had to use a variety of tools, each one important, to get the results. I'm currently using one tool (exercise) to do my chiselling. I need to pick up the other one I've been hiding behind the tool shed (DIET) and start using it. I've been saying the past few weeks that I want to start doing Core again. Havent' made that push to actually do it... As much as I don't want to, I'm willing to ramp things up....

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I hear you. Sigh. How many times have I tried to max out on one (diet) OR the other (exercise)? It's the combination that always seals the deal. See my next post...

Ginger said...

Also, I think you deserve some credit for working on the good health guidelines. You haven't been hiding...just making your way up to the big tools!

PB - AFineBalance said...

Posh this post was very inspiring. I agree with Ginger you have been working so hard to get this point. Success builds upong Success. I believe that we are doing the whole crawl, walk, run thing. You're getting there. I am so proud of your effort.

spice said...

Spice says...

The tool that you have been using to chisel with has done some good work. As I recall we found several newly formed muscles on your upper arms this week. Good job. This new tool of diet will probablly help you see results faster. Success with that.