Friday, April 27, 2007

Mimi: One Day at a Time Default

Ok, first, a public thank you to Sporty and Ginger who are both convinced that I'll revert back to "on" mode after I turn in my dissertation. It's nice to know others have confidence in you when you don't have it yourself. Yay community!!!

So, I keep on trying to come up with "attempts" to at least keep health and fitness on the radar and stop the creeping up of the scale. So my new plan that I am going to try is to have each day be better in some way than the previous day. Sadly, the way things have been going, that's not going to be so hard!! So the idea is that I'm doing just enough to keep me aware of my choices, but not so much that it's become a primary focus right now.

Here's to doing better than yesterday!

3 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

I like that - awareness. The "make the next day better" concept is great - thanks. I'm going to work on that too.

Ginger said...

It kind of goes with the article. You're going with #1 thinking to hold steady until it's time to kick back into gear. I like it!

djw said...

Girl, the mere fact that you're still blogging means that you're keeping yourself aware...don't beat yourself up...keep blogging, do what you can when you can...and when your schedule clears up, just throw yourself into...Oh and here's an idea I might implement myself-- from now on, everytime you feel a twinge of guilt about not doing anything towards weight loss, go drink a cup of water...lol...at least you'll start building in your water plan! Or each time you think of it, you could drop what you're doing and do a quick walk-in-place thing for 2 minutes...