Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mimi: THIS is the truth...

Ok, I'd like to share with you a conversation I had with Ginger this morning. It's crunch time and I have about a month to finish my dissertation. I keep offering exercise options to Ginger and she is supportive enough to try to work with me. But then I keep cancelling these plans, once made. I then feel guilty for cancelling, sending me into angst. Too much drama around weight, let me tell you. So this morning I had the following to say to Ginger. It went something like this:

"THIS is the truth. Ginger, no matter what I say in the future, I want you to know that right now, what I tell you trumps anything else I might say in the future: Don't believe anything I say about meeting you at the gym."

So what was I thinking? I can't NOT try to plan and do something about eating and exercise. But I can't seem to follow-through. But I don't feel like suffering the guilt of the flaky. This was my solution.

Can you believe that Ginger wouldn't support me on this??!! Me, in my time of need!! All I'm sayin' is that I need the allusion of effort in my life right now. Come May 15th when my draft is turned in, THEN I can really focus. Until then, can't I at least have the lie??!!

4 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Mimi I can soooo relate this.

Are you currently maintaining or gaining or losing weight right now?

What do you think about just focusing on maintaining the status quo?

So when you ready to "turn it on" you are starting from where you left off.

No guilt, no complicated plan.

Ginger said...

LOL. I totally forgot you were gonna blog about this. I support you! Just not the illusion. I'm 100% behind the low-key/guilt-free truth -however you need to define "truth" b/t now and May 15 (Oh Happy Day...)

Mimi said...

Yes, May 15, liberation!!

Sporty, I'm going through stages of maintaining and then gradual gain. That's the problem. If it was JUST status quo, I think I could handle it--it's the "gentle" increase that is driving me bananas!!

One day at a time, though. I'll have to blog the encouragement my mom gave me. Awesome!

PB - AFineBalance said...

We will win this one :-)