Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Scary: Week 4

Well I have to thank Sporty for reminding me to blog since clearly this week I was WAY OFF. As you can see I have no weight listed. We went to NY for the weekend, I forgot my food log and needless to say I ate whatever. When we got back I meant to weigh in but in the rush of my 2 year old puking all over everything it got lost in the shuffle... So I weighed in the next day after eating and I was like 248 - the next day 245 later 244 - then I decided screw it - I am weighing in next Sunday at my regular time to assess damage. Problem is - I have not been able to get back on track since then... 0 motivation level and we go to Mexico next week and I won't count points... so there goes my "make each week a loss mantra" - maybe I need to focus on exercise and maximising the loss when I am having good weeks so that a couple of small "trip related" gains won't hurt as much. Talked to Ginger - she thought that I could exercise during vacation. I will commit to not overeating - always being comfortable rather than stuffed and trying to do water aerobics 2 times for the week... up until they start the touchy feely part... gross... When I come back my hubby begins body for life and I will be his main cook so I need to start getting in to mode. This should help my eating by default and I will plan to begin counting points hardcore again then. I am also crunching numbers to see if I can afford to try NutriSystem for a month... we will see... I need a big weight loss boost to get me in to gear... something dramatic - to make me care. See you for the week 5 check in - clearly week 4 was a mess :-).

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Yup, I think the responsibility of cooking for someone else will kick things into gear.

You also have another great source of motivation -the girls, who are taking in everything around them and forming habits. Remember that little saying that we heard? You teach who you are.

You can focus on that/them when you're feeling 0 motivation - and as you make food choices in Mexico. Have fun!!! Wish I were coming!!!

PB - AFineBalance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PB - AFineBalance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PB - AFineBalance said...

Ok those deleted comments were mine had some trouble posting. But here is what I wanted to say.

First of all, enjoy Mexico! Swim, play w/ the girls, push away the plate when full and chill out.

When you get back we need to conference and figure out how we can combine our "weight loss" strengths to get and stay energized. In the meantime here are some questions:

Question 1: What are weight loss strengths?

One would definitely be maintaining. The average dieter regains all of their wt plus 5-10 lbs. NOT YOU! Since you lost weight in 2004 you have maintained most of what you lost. THAT IS NOT AVERAGE. YOU ARE NOT AVERAGE. I believe that you can and will be "results not typical".

Question 2: What are your weight loss weaknesses?

Comfort zone? Personally imposed limits?

Question 3: What is truly your goal and how bad do you want it?


YOU ARE NOT RESULTS TYPICAL.

Ginger said...

This is kind of a sidebar...kind of related...since we're posing questions...

Anyway, I've always wondered what you "turned on" when you went hardcore vegetarian years ago -the only one of the four of us who heard the health talk and stuck with a vegetarian diet (without much external encouragement or support).

There's a mindset that goes along with that kind of life change. I suspect it's something about not seeing the new habit as "optional" but I don't know. What was/is it for you -and is it transferable?