Sunday, April 1, 2007

Scary: Week 3

Last Weeks Weight:
242.8

Current Weight:
242

Weight Lost:
.8 lbs

Weight Gained:
0

Goals For Upcoming Week:
Write Down All Foods
Stay Within Points
Weigh In Next Sunday

Ultimate Goal:
Get to 200 Ilbs

Dream Goal:
Get to 150 lbs

Challenges Experienced Week 1:
Not counting points consistently. Lack of motivation. Not tracking foods after Wednesday. Desire to eat a lot of bogus foods (pizza, fries, ice-cream etc.) without pre-planning.

Anticipated Challenges For Week 2:
Getting back on plan and staying focused in spite of having visitors AND going to NY (the land of great high pointed food) this coming weekend.

Reflections On Results:
I have NEVER been so happy to lose .8 of a pound! God is good and he knew I could not bounce back from a gain this week! This was a rough week and it is only by God's grace that I saw a loss. I was eating less than usual and skipping meals but much WORSE than usual. I stopped tracking after Wednesday and then made a series of poor food choices including pizza, fries, apple pie, ice-cream etc. for the rest of the week. This week I am going to get on task. I am grateful for my loss and will commit to making it worth something! Wish me luck. Since I had used all of my bonus points by Wednesday I have decided this week to go back to the basics on goals... Just track, weigh in and stay in points - I'll use my bonus points whenever I need too. Bring it on week # 3 I'm ready for you!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

excelente. i felt the same way about my 1/2 lb loss. plan, plan, plan for the trip. take your WW snacks or whatever you need to do. maybe even ask aunty to minimize the snacks in the house. either way, stay focused on your big picture goal -the weekend will be here and gone before you know it. visualize yourself tracking foods and counting points no matter what! i'm rooting for you + look forward to reading your "i hit all my targets" post when you get back :-)

PB - AFineBalance said...

As we used to say "Stay the course until you turn the corner". As Ginger says planning can definitely help you even out. Work your bonus pts and work all the tricks:
1. Drink water before eating
2. Eat fruit or salad or soup before eating
3. If you feel like snacking, wait 20 mins then eat
4. If you feel like snacking drink water first
5. Fat free popcorn
6. Fruit cups
7. Eat "tapas style" just get a taste of everything and spend your pts and the food item you really like.

You can do this!

djw said...

Good luck! I'm rootin' for u!