Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ginger: The Bottom Line, Part IV

Last Week:

  • N/A



This Week:
  • Eat: yogurt + vegan protein/calcium sources on 5 days
  • Drink: 50 oz of water on 5 days
  • Lift: Do 2 strength training classes
  • Move: Do 2 cardio workouts
  • Log: Track meals + snacks on 5 days
  • Stop: Eat before 7:30pm on 5 days

*What did I learn about "what works" for me + how can I use this information?

Another week of zero movement. Although technically, the scale recorded a 1/2 lb loss that the tracking tool didn't detect -I think it only registers changes of 1 lb or more. Of course now I'm paranoid that I'm losing muscle. Ha Ha.

I'm not surprised by this result because I abandoned my targets
during the second half of my trip. I saw the writing on the wall and decided to take a short (planned) break. Not the ideal course of action but, in the process, I DID learn that "not going crazy" works for me. What does that mean? If I don't eat huge restaurant meals (or 3 scoop ice cream sundaes) every day I can ride out a "not hitting my targets" week. I think this lesson will come in handy the next time I'm on the verge of a binge of some kind.


3 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Ginger, I think you did great for being on vacation. Average vacation weight gain is usually anywhere from 2-7 lbs. So 1/2 lb lost is amazing. Also I saw that you kept up your food journal while on your trip and you clearly didn't go crazy. Way to go for "thinking like a skinny".

Also tickerfactory.com has a ticker that let's you show weight changes by .2 increments.

Go GINGER!

Ginger said...

Thanks for the encouragement :-) I'm so anal. I don't want to give up my "signature" green ticker and butterfly. However, unless the weight starts coming off in larger increments, I may be forced to redo all my tickers so they're the same. Can anyone spell obsessive compulsive...

PB - AFineBalance said...

LOL. I hear you. I didn't want to part with my girl "crunching" her way to goal.