Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sporty: Week 4/Month 1 (3/8/07)



Whew! One month of trying to break in healthy habits completed. Yipee!! I was really happy to see results at the scale after a year of gains (gained 60lbs last year). I am excited about the results at the scale but I'm also excited that I tried really hard this week to "bring healthy back" - drank lots of water, took my vitamins, exercised 3x, journaled everything I ate, ate fruit/veggies and stayed within my points. Also since I'm on the Flex program, I got to enjoy Papa John's pizza and had a super dinner combo at the Vegetable Garden. Yummy!

However, I know my pattern and I acknowledge that I am in the weight loss honeymoon period and that this effort is not going to continue feeling as easy as it does now. I acknowledge that at times I will lose interest, get super busy at work, gain weight, not feel like cooking or grocery shopping, not feel like exercising and that I will make many, many excuses. I acknowledge that what I can do is keep trying and recognize that this not a race to my goal weight but forever and permanent habits. In the past I gave lipservice to "lifestyle change" but I secretly I held on to the thought that when I got to my ultimate goal weight I could just relax and be "a skinny". I acknowledge that this is not true and being healthy takes effort. *Sigh*

With that in mind here's the weekly recap:
Last week's goals:
Write down everything I eat - done, Earn 6 activity points - done earned 8, Grocery Shop - done, Eat "home food" M-F- done and Have emergency "healthy" meals in the car and at work - have at work not in the car.

Weekly Stats:
Starting weight: 248
Last week: 243.8
This week: 240

Change this week: -3.8
Overall change: -8
Next mini goal : Lose 6 lbs
Next Milestone: 25 lbs gone (10% goal)

Goals for next week:
Write down everything I eat, Earn 8 activity points, Eat "home food" M-F and Have emergency "healthy" meals in the car and at work, Stay within points despite planned restaurant visits.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay! How awesome to see results. I'm inspired. You make a good point about the "honeymoon" period. I'm trying to recover from the weight loss divorce. I think we should carry out this "weight loss" as a relationship metaphor--I'm sure the parallels are endless.

Ginger said...

WONderful! I feel so invested in the little cartoon woman and her journey toward the finish line :-) When you're focused and passionate about something you are unstoppable. I've always admired that about you.

PB - AFineBalance said...

Thanks for support! It truly helps. Mimi - I totally agree there are some many parallels between wt loss and relationships. You actually have to work at it! Ginger - thanks for encouragement. I am praying for sustained focus.