Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Mimi: Free Food

Ok, I don't get it. I make a decent salary. I'm not swimming in money, but I'm not living off of top ramen and crackers. So why is it that whenever there is free food available I eat like I have been starved as a child (if you see pictures of me young, you know this isn't the truth).

Take tonight, for example. Did well with eating all day long. Got to a 6PM meeting and there was pizza and soda available. Not even GOOD pizza. Doughy, tasteless pizza. Did that stop me from having 4 pieces? Not in the least! Ugh. What's UP with that??!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Yes, been there. Crazy, right? I've seen you manage "tricky" scenarios like free food at meetings and eating out with friends. Once you switch over to hard core mode I'll bet all your old proactive strategies will kick in again...

djw said...

It's a completely different mode of thinking...I always have to remind myself, that just because I bought it or just because it's on my plate, or just because it's free, doesn't mean I have to eat it. I vasiclate between weight-loss and people-are-dying-from-hunger-and-I'm-letting-food-go-to-waste kind of thoughts...

PB - AFineBalance said...

I can totally relate. Last week I went over to Scary's to see her new house. Scary was going to get dinner for the girls and I HAD to GET and EAT a popeye's chicken sandwich because "we were buying dinner" even though I already had dinner! All I can say is that we can't beat ourselves up and just work on making a different choice next time.