Sunday, March 18, 2007

Posh: Miscellaneous

1. 2 liters may sound like a lot of water but it ain't. Just looked it up online and 1 liter = 4.22 cups. I'm aiming for 12-13 cups a day...I've only drunk 10 cups...K... I can do it...2 more to go. I had filled up a two liter soda bottle with water and was drinking from it most of the day, thinking that I was drinking lots and lots of water... Thought I had superceded my expectation...moral of the story: don't use metric measurements unless you actually know how much it is...

2. My mom made some soup one night and I had some. Thought it needed some salt...said as much and added more salt to my bowl. My mother worries now about me and High Blood Pressure. Her exact words, "Salt? This soup doesn't need salt...pause...now I'm worried about you and high blood pressure!"

3. Mentioned aloud that I was feeling a spasm in my calf..asked what causes muscle spasms... Mother told me she's worried about me and diabetes 'cause that's how hers started. I asked her if she was saying that her diabetes started in her calf...she got a little impatient but she said that one of the symptoms of diabetes is muscle spasms.

4. She suggested that I go to the pharmacy and ask to get a blood test for diabetes. Or I should go to the health clinic and check.

5. The "spasm" feels more of a knot like feeling, in the same calf I had the "charlie's horse" thingy a few weeks ago. I must admit that after my online search about the causes of charlie's horse thingys, late stage developing diabetes was listed. (It's just aggravating hearing my mother say anything).

6. I don't want diabetes.

7. I walked for 60 mintues today (included intervals of walking and jogging and hiking up a hill).

8. Just off the top of my head, I don't think I have diabetes. However, I think it's really important that I get in control of my weight and bring it down.

9. I really, really don't want diabetes. It's not on my wishlist. Nope, ain't writing Santa Clause for that one.

10. I can't believe 2 liters is only 8 *#$?^%!@ cups!!!

11. I really shouldn't have had those last 3 chocolate cream cookies or the handful of chips or the bag of cheese balls... sigh...alas...tomorrow is another day...

3 comments:

Ginger said...

60 minutes of walking -NICE!

Jill said...

could the cramp just be from the walking?

PB - AFineBalance said...

LOL. Just ignore and focus. Great work on the 60 minute walk.