Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Jill: New to this

So my cousin, Sporty, has been bugging me for a few weeks now about starting a blog. I didn't/don't think I will be consistent with my posts so I didn't really bother with it. But after reading everything here I decided that I will do add and do my best to be consistent.

I've always been a 'big' girl and never really let it bother me. But since I've hit 30 I've realized and decided that all of the firmness I had before has somehow magically disappeared and now I really have to work to have a little of it. So I'm on weight watchers and doing Pilates. Right now I'm not able to join the gym so I'm going to do all I can at home. I live on the 8th floor and have decided that I'm going to take the stairs every day. I'm going to try to walk up the stairs 3 times a week. My aunt has an elliptical machine she's not using so I'm going to get that from her.

My little cousin, Jr. (she has the same same as me), and I have decided that we're going to work out together at my place. She's preparing for her prom and I'm just trying to be fit. We started pilates last week for 30 minutes and did 1 hour last night. It's not easy but we're doing our best. Last night she kept saying, 'it burns'. I just kept going even though it burned for me too. We're scheduled to work out again on Wednesday. In April we're going to join a pilates class once a week. We're both praying that this twice a week venture for the month of March on our own is good enough for the class. Pray for us.

So this is my beginning and I will try my best to post something at least once a week.

3 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

30 can be a b@#%^ on the body. Hold on to that sexy girl!

djw said...

yeah, 30 ain't nice...metabolism goes down hill and for people like me, who's metablolism was already in the valley, we're tunnelling underground.... Hang in there! At least you're doing something!

Ginger said...

HEY JILL! It's cool to see you on the blog. Work those steps girl.