Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ginger: WOW (Workout and Weight Loss)

Sporty mentioned that she might be up for a mini challenge. I thought I'd throw "WOW" out there and see what you guys think.

How does it work? You do stuff. You get points. We tally our points weekly. The person with the most points = Winner.

Cardio Exercise (3 points)
at least 20 min per session; up to 6/wk.

Strength Training (3 points)
6-8 stations per session; up to 3/wk .

Mind/Body Exercise (3 points)
up to 6/wk.

Food Diary (10 points)
at least 5 days/wk.

Weekly Check In (15 points)
Self-explanatory.

You also get points for pounds and inches lost -but you count those up at the end of the challenge. I made it halfway through the challenge when Mimi and I tried it at the Y. She was a prize winner though, so we have it on good authority that WOW is doable.

Whaddya think?

10 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Looks cool. Couple questions:
1. Do you get 3pts for each cardio session?
2. For the strength training can we modify - I'm doing the core secrets (ball/wts) - to at least 20 min per session?
3. Are mind/body exercises pilates and yoga?
4. How long is the challenge?

Ginger said...

1. Yup, 3 pts for each cardio/strength training/mind-body exercise session.

2. Maybe we can set a minimum number of muscle groups? Core secrets is 4, right? That'd be cool -and easy to translate across different kinds of workouts.

3. Yup, pilates, yoga, meditation, stretching etc. Mimi and I got them to accept bible study since we were already in a class with daily required reading. I'd be open to that...could always use extra incentive to have regular devotions :-)

4. I forget how long the challenge was...8 weeks maybe? We could decide on a time frame that works for us. I'm pretty much open to anything.

PB - AFineBalance said...

Cool! I like the bible study/meditation piece. I definitely need to work that in!

When do you want to start? I flexible too on the timeframe. How about 3 weeks starting next Thu 4/12? Jill ww week starts Thu though and I may be able to convince to join.

What'd you say Jill?

Then if it didn't feel stressful we could repeat??

PB - AFineBalance said...

Ok i just read my comment - let me know if you understand what i mean.

Ginger said...

I think so -starting Thursday 4/12 for three weeks, right?

What's the prize?!?

PB - AFineBalance said...

Yes :-)

djw said...

I like your energy for this!! Looking forward to reading about your first week!

Think I'll wait for when Mimi get's back to try it...wouldn't want her to feel left out or anything... So you guys, go ahead and start! I'll catch up...=)

Ginger said...

Ha ha. Mimi is busy dissertating. Come on Posh! We need more takers. A little healthy competition could make the next 3 weeks pretty interesting :-)

I'm still trying to think of a good prize...

PB - AFineBalance said...

Another option - We could use these first 3 weeks as a warm-up to build momementum and interest. Then do a 12 week starting in May (May 3). Scary mentioned that starting in May that her husband may be starting a 12wk program and she may be as well???

Ginger said...

Sounds good. I can commit to 3 wk for sure and then reassess for a longer version...