Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ginger: My Heart is for You*

I totally hear what Sporty is saying about positive thoughts. Here's the playlist that keeps me going when I'm doing cardio. These songs also point me to the spiritual side of exercise.

Rise
Kierra Kiki Sheard, Rise (single)

A good warm up song. Rise? Ok. I'm up. I'm moving. I think she even says something about the treadmill (of life). This song makes me feel confident about the workout AND the other stuff that I need to work on.

Let Everything that has Breath (12-inch Remix)
Cece Winans, Let Everything that has Breath (single)

My breathing is pretty audible right around here -so there's a natural connection to the lyrics. Ha ha. Actually, this track sort of takes my mind off the actual workout and puts it on praise. This is where I usually start (vigorously) lip syncing...

Shake Yourself Loose Dance Mix
Vickie Winans, Woman to Woman: Songs of Life

It's impossible to be higher energy than Vickie but it's fun to try. When they start repeating the line "move your feet" it's like having a personal trainer! Another song that assures victory -over the last half of the workout, overall weight loss, and the tough parts of life.

Happy
Ayiesha Woods, Introducing Ayiesha Woods

The workout is almost over. I did it. Endorphins (or whatever) are kicking in. And hey, life with God in it is pretty good. I'm happy!

*A Fred Hammond song that was supposed to be on this playlist. The title makes it another obvious cardio choice. *Grin*

1 comment:

PB - AFineBalance said...

I love the whole spiritual side to exercise concept. My playlist is about bootyshaking and how low can you go songs. Energy pumping but not always uplifting.