Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sporty: Michelle lost 175 lbs



I don't personally know Michelle but I found her story and her weight loss tips inspiring. Here are a few that I really liked:


  • I try to remember that patience and persistence, not perfection, got me to goal. I'm not perfect, and it's important to remember that.


  • I put together a top 10 list of reasons why I wanted to lose weight. I looked at it when I was feeling unmotivated. When I reached goal, I made my list of top 10 reasons to maintain. These lists remind me how important it is to continue with healthy behavior.


  • Mini goals are critical to those of us with a lot to lose. Those can be scale goals, such as losing 20 or 30 pounds, or process goals, such as journaling successfully for three weeks in a row.


  • Remember to reward yourself. For my 100-pound mark, I bought a gold bracelet that serves as an anchor to remind me of how far I had come.
- Michelle, WW member

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow. That's inspiring. I like the "top 10" list. That'd be a cool topic to blog about.

PB - AFineBalance said...

That's a great idea.