Friday, May 4, 2007

Ginger: Reference Library -Sugar

Remember I said that I'd post something about sugar? Well, here's some stuff that I found on pp. 86-87 of the Fast Track Detox Diet by Ann Louise Gittleman. One day, I am going to do this diet!

Sugar and other sweeteners, natural or artificial, stress both your liver and your colon. Moreover, both natural sugar and sugar alcohols have the potential to feed yeast, a known liver stressor because of the aldehydes that are formed -substances that overload the detox pathways and inhibit the action of the detox enzymes.

Refined carbohydrates, along with sugar, are deadly to both detox and weight loss. Not only do they inhibit the liver's detox pathways, but they create those roller-coaster highs and lows in blood sugar, insulin, hunger, and cravings. Due to these blood sugar ups and downs, the white stuff -whether sugar, flour, or white rice -is most likely to be stored as fat.


Uh, yeah. Fat storage is clearly the last thing I need. More later...

2 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

WHOA!

PB - AFineBalance said...

I've been looking a sugar content so much since this post. Again I have to say whoa!