Friday, May 18, 2007

Ginger: Weekly Update [May 10-16]




I published this post twice before I finally broke down and decided to include some narrative, re-state my targets etc. WOW is pretty hard core and I'm tempted to focus on that without working on (or tracking) the other habits that I'm trying to develop. Clearly, it's more beneficial to see what behaviors produced the "bottom line" that the numbers reflect, So, here goes...

Lift: 2 cardio workouts. YES -6.
Move: 2 strength workouts. YES -3.
Drink: 32 oz/day of water. NO -0 days.
Eat: Core foods + 35 points. NO -Ate 40 points + 1 "free" meal
Stop: Eat before 8 pm every day. NO -3 days.

I'm going to play with the "Eat" target this week. I think that upping the fat/oil allowance a bit (nothing crazy, say 2 TB max) + adding the free meal might make for a more sustainable eating plan. Let's see if I keep losing!

4 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Great job!!! You kicked butt!!!!!!
I like the new ticker too go prediction that you'll be at goal during the SUNNY summer months. WOW is certainly hardcore but having a foundation of habits is even more important. Because when the challenge is over you have sometime to sustain your efforts.

I was curious about going to 2 TBSP of oil per day? Are you thinking it will help with feeling full?

PB - AFineBalance said...

Also eventually having a free day might be worth in after you get a sense of how your body is responding to specific combos of diet and exercise.

djw said...

Great job on last week!!

Ginger said...

To be honest, the 2TB is to accommodate eating out. Last week for example, I bought stuff like grilled salmon, grilled veggies, roasted potatoes etc.

These things aren't deep fried but I felt like they probably maxed out my fat allowance. As a result, my "home" meals on those days were pretty restrictive/boring -like a salad without avocado or olive oil.

Upping the allowance opens up a few more eating out options AND gives me the flexibility to do a little "home" oil + a little "eating out" oil in the same day.