Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sporty: Food, food and more food.

It's 11:24 pm and I have no clue how many points I consumed today.

Afraid to count.

I tried to plan for this weekend because I knew I was going to have several food hurdles to overcome. I survived the roadtrip munchies on my drive from MD to NY by drinking protein shakes and water. I had 13 pts daily pts left and my 35 bonus pts.

I also avoided the welcome dinner at my dad's new church. Next, I went to my uncle's 65th birthday celebration. Food, food and more food. I was managing the situation ok until I decided that I had to have more macaroni pie. It went down hill from there.

Afraid to count.

Tomorrow is my baby cousin's first birthday celebration. I heard my aunts talking about at least 11 dishes for brunch not including the left overs from today. Food, food and more food.

Afraid to count.

I've got to count, face the numbers. *sigh*

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Hang in there Sporty. Those habits in training are getting a workout. You clearly put thought + effort into planning ahead and that's no small accomplishment. I agree with you...counting your points -even if today's numbers are ugly -will give you the information and the encouragement that you need to make the next choice a good one.

djw said...

Sounds like you're fighting valiantly! I'm proud of you for staying aware and being proactive...Agree with Ginger...this is the "mental" workout...see if you can fit in some "mental" stretches... a few quiet moments to calm down and release some of the food panic circulating in your head, say a prayer, take a deep breath and go back out...=)

PB - AFineBalance said...

Thanks guys! :-)