Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Mimi: The Wall


I think I might have hit my wall yesterday. I was sitting down and there was flesh where there didn't use to be flesh (I think they call if muffin top), but mine was more like a "loaf top."

I feel like my body is my enemy, and no one needs to tell me that is not healthy. But the thing is, for me, I don't need to be a certain size or weight to have my body be my friend again. I just need to feel like I'm doing something to make a difference...for real. Not like I've been doing for the last several months. That was not committment.

I'm hoping this wall is a point of turnaround...my "on." I'm up and off to go walking. I've committed to going back to WW on Saturday (even though I dread the numbers). I just need to feel more pro-active so I can get out of this bad mental/emotional spot around my weight.

btw...any hints on how not to be demoralized and depressed about the gain the scale is going to show? Any suggestions helpful!

I'll keep you "posted." *grin*

6 comments:

PB - AFineBalance said...

Isn't crazy that discomfort leads to change. Embrace "the numbers" and know that you won't see them again!!!!!!!

You are definitely turning on..... I SEE the writing on the wall :-)

djw said...

Girl, I don't know if you can ward off that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see the results, but I say go with a boldface attitude. A weight gain will not be a surprise. You know he's gonna be there waiting for you at the WW Meeting. And being the strong, brave, taking control of your life gal that you are, you're gonna face him (weight gain) head on this Saturday. He may be flaunting his stuff now, but you're about to set a strategy in motion that's gonna kick him to the curb, pound by pound...don't let him steal your joy!!!

djw said...

Funny on the "posted"...lol...=)

Ginger said...

Romans 15:13. Good stuff on hope -the antidote for demoralized or depressed feelings.

Mimi said...

Thanks folks!

Had a good day yesterday...good day today so far so good!

But just FEELING better mentally and emotionally.

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.