Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sporty: Person 2 goals

Two weeks ago I did a post on "Your success starts at the end". The linked article talked about two types of people: person # 1 and person # 2. Person #1 had vague goals while person #2 had specific goals. The article highlighted the importance of planning for success.



Since I hit my 10% milestone, I have been acting like person #1. I know that my next milestone is Onederland by I have not defined how I plan to get there. I think it would be cool for all of us to share our person 2 goals.

To get to Onderland, 199.8 lbs, I will do the following-
  • Strength Training - I will strength train 3x a week.

My strength training will consist of 2 sessions with my personal trainer and 1 session of core secrets.

  • Cardio Training - I will do cardio 5-6x a week for at least 20 mins.

My cardio training will consist of spinning classes (2x/wk) and cardio machines i.e. EFX (4x/wk).

  • Mind/Body Exercises - I will do mind/body exercises 6-7x week.

My mind/body exercises will consist of daily devotion/mediation time for at least 10mins. I will do the exercises/stretches recommended by my trainer daily. I will do 1 pilates or yoga session for at least 10 mins (1x/wk).

  • Weight Watchers Food Plan - I will follow the WW flex plan daily.

For my food plan, I will stay within my daily target points 5 of 7 days. I will save my bonus points for weekend meals. I will journal my foods daily. I will plan my meals the night before. I will follow the WW 8 good health guidelines daily. I will drink 1 gallon of water 5 of 7 days. I will eat "home food" Mon-Fri except for work meetings. I will grocery shop every 2 weeks.

  • Support and Accountability - I will give status updates to my friends and trainer weekly.

For support and accountability, I will participate in the WOW challenge. I will blog weekly. I will attend WW meetings weekly. I will share my exercise/food log with my personal trainer. I will journal my food and exercise daily. I will seek ways to encourage and support my friends' weight loss efforts.

Onederland here I come.....

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey -what's Onderland? Did I miss that in the post somewhere?

These are great Person 2 goals. Don't they just "sound" successful? I think how we talk about stuff (to ourselves and/or others) definitely contributes to success or failure.

PB - AFineBalance said...

Onderland is the magical place where the scale is below 200lbs. One hundred land. WW slang. LOL!!!

Thanks. These goals really paved a clear path of action. I know when I doing and when I'm not.

I was also getting burnout about planning my next step. I feel planned out till the next milestone.