Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mimi: My Proposition

I propose that we accept reading trashy novels as a means of "meditation."

My grounds? The definition of "meditation" from http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?refid=1861629027

1. emptying or concentration of mind: the emptying of the mind of thoughts, or the concentration of the mind on one thing, in order to aid mental or spiritual development, contemplation, or relaxation

eh? Don't hate!! What is reading novels if not "the emptying of the mind...in order to aid in...relaxation"?

Irrefutable, I tell you!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not in the challenge but I have to agree with you on this one 100% - I'm off to do some meditating right now :-)... Scary (I'm logged in to the wrong name)

PB - AFineBalance said...

Mmmmm...I vote no. LOL!

djw said...

...Well...one could argue that reading trashy novels is more akin to filling up (on trash) vs emptying...

However, I'm a liberal...I can swing both ways...lol...I can think of a couple of things to add to my "meditation" list right now...LOL...

Ginger said...

How 'bout we SUBTRACT points for trashy novel reading? Ha ha. Unless trashy novels = trashy tv -then never mind...

djw said...

I feel the competition integrity declining at this very moment...lol...

No....trashy novel reading can't be used as a mind/body exercise...

Neither can trashy tv

Neither can laying on your back staring at the ceiling...nor sleeping... (yeah those were under consideration for me)...

Mimi said...

LOL...ok, ok.

Can't blame a gal for tryn'!

;)

djw said...

LOL...nope can't blame you for trying...and what a valient effort it was...he he..=)