Monday, May 7, 2007

Mimi: Going Strong

I shared with you last week that I had hit my wall and had a turning point. I'm happy to say (and a bit scared, as well) that things have been going well. I went back to WW on Saturday. I saw my old leader and she was very encouraging, which was good. I must admit to not wanting to go back where everyone could see all the weight I've gained. However, she was very supportive and understanding. I had gotten on the scale before leaving home, so the numbers weren't a surprise. I'm feeling not so bad about the numbers, which is healthy. I can definitely attribute that to my being "on." I'm proactively doing something about my weight, and feel good about that, and myself. I've been drinking my water, keeping my food journal, staying within points, and exercising.

I feel SO much better about life and myself. What's made the biggest difference in this turnaround? Planning and preparation. I went shopping and cooked. It takes me about 30 minutes in the morning to assemble my food for the day, but it's worth every minute. I can eat the same thing meal after meal and day after day as long as it tastes good. So this is what I've been eating for the last week or so:

Breakfast: Kashi GoLean Cereal
1 cup 1% milk
banana

Snack: either fruit or yogurt or both

Lunch: "Loaded" salad with turkey, blue cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes,
Newman's Light Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing (10 points, total)

Snack: Cucumber slices with french onion dip I made with fat free sour cream and
Lipton's French Onion Soup Mix, fruit

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with low point spaghetti sauce (lots of veggies and
ground turkey)

Snack: more fruit or baby carrots, maybe popcorn

And this is basically what I've been eating for the last week or so. Work the program and it works. I'm not a hater of leftovers like some, so the consistency helps me to stay on point. Limit my choices and decisions and I'm good to go.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Guess who's back?
Back again?
Mimi's back.
Tell a friend.
Guess who's back, guess who's back...

Mimi said...

LOL LOL!!!!

PB - AFineBalance said...

It's great to see you in "on" mode!

Go Mimi, Go Mimi!

Ginger said...

So, after reading this post, I'm thinking some more about that whole "automating your meals" thing. Not acting. Just thinking.